Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

What is your view on prop 19? (legislation of marijuana)

Personally I voted yes, not because I smoke or have intention of smoking.
reasons why I supported prop 19

1. Businesses (government and private) can still legally fire you. My hope is that more jobs will be open because of this rule.

2. Hopefully for me college dropout rates will go up. This makes my odds of me going to a University of my choice a little higher.

3. Less prison overcrowding. If the prop is passed all the people who are in jail for marijuana possession or selling (only marijuana) will be let go, this will mean that we need less jails so that will save tax payer money.

4. Tax money will be generated helping out the state both local and state wide.

5. my final point like prohibition if it doesn't work after a few years we can make it illegal again.

These are my views if you agree or disagree please share your opinions and we can continue to talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. #3 is incorrect. They broke the law, they will not be released because the law changed.

    But yeah, go prop 19 and such.

    ReplyDelete